Wednesday 1 August 2012

No More excuses…

So it was bubs’ 1st birthday this weekend… cup cakes, jelly, fairy bread….. wine…Cheers – We did it…. (does that mean I can't call it baby weight anymore?)

My motto this week is ‘no more excuses’….. no more: ‘I’m too tired’, ‘there is no time’…Mentor M says I have to stop thinking up excuses and get my not-so-toned butt to the gym, so it gets toned…

But how? ….….. I. Have. No. Time!

  • I have to go to work.
  • I have to play with bubs.
  • I have to do my uni work.
  • I have to clean the house.
  • I have to cook (order takeaway).
  • I have to pay the bills.
  • I have to find time to talk to my husband.

Now I am not saying I am Superwoman (mmm nice product placement)…. This is every woman’s problem (and every man’s… though they would probably complain more often and louder about it).

Excuses -  if I need them, there are so many to choose from if ‘No Time’ is taken… I can use 'I’m too tired' (am I ever not?), it's to late, it's to early, I have to clean the house, my favourite show is on, I have to phone someone, It's too hot… and....  well I can’t use ‘it’s too Cold’ as I live in Singapore, but you can feel free to use it… here it is always 31 degrees, it's just either 31 and raining or 31 and not raining)… oh yeah - ‘it’s raining’.

So how to have the strength to ditch the excuses? Mentor M has this philosophy – just don’t think about it… the more you analyse the less likely you are to get moving and do it (‘Analysis paralysis’ –nice alliteration MM).

The thing is… now let's be honest people… we could set the alarm  to get up earlier…. We could take turns looking after bubs and go to the gym… we could….. we could….don’t do it…. Oh no.. that’s it… yep I’m siting on couch.. now I am never going to move….

So how?

Make it part of my every day routine says Mentor M… that means just as I would have a shower, brush my teeth.. I should exercise… it’s just what you do… not a separate 'special' activity… I wouldn’t skip a shower -  so I shouldn't skip the exercise.

A nice philosophy… now I have to make it happen… I’m trying to add it to my daily routine… but it is so tempting to just sink into that couch!!!

When I was at the gym yesterday… did you hear that: 'I WAS AT THE GYM' (let's not forget I am trying)…..I stupidly left my kindle on the bike… but as I live in Singapore… it was handed in (are the people here naturally honest or just living in fear of the Government?).

I was very grateful, but I did noticed that the good Samaritan read half of ‘50 shades….’ mmmmmm… are they going to think I am some pervert now? How embarrassing… (you all read it too didn’t you? Didn’t you? I’m not a pervert am I?)…Now I am so embarrassed at the gym… today I was cycling away… are they here? are they looking at me? do they know who I am? do they think I’m a sicko? or worse am... that I am easy????? I don't want to be handcuffed to the treadmill (Grey joke -  if you've read it you're smirking) and now I'm starting to think who are they?… is it a shy, lonely house wife who has now be liberated by Mr Grey? Or was it a curious business man getting tips…. Eeeewwww……

Anyway I freaked when I lost the kindle, not because of my poor taste in downloaded books but because it makes the exercise so much easier….. seriously though, I do have to get up off the reclining bike and maybe do some weights or running…. Very hard to read and do bicep curls at the same time as reading about…oh dear I need to download some quality books... suggestions please...

Okie dokie… time for some discipline (no that wasn't a Mr Grey joke)… but what do I do with all the left over birthday cake, jelly and fairy bread from Bubs 1st birthday… 


maybe I’ll just drink the rest of the wine...


... on the couch of course...



2 comments:

  1. Haha. If 50 Shades was writen as well as your blog then I may have finished it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha how cool is your blog, and how cool is 50 shades.

    ReplyDelete