Saturday 1 September 2012

30°C and I trained in it!



Image by://wackyjacquisdesigns.com
30°C, one hour  and 1200 reps, think maybe I am superwoman!!!

Mentor M should rename ‘Super Saturday session’ to ‘Super Suffering Saturday’.

When I went to bed last night I told my husband I was going to get up early to do my ‘SSS’ (I think he may have misheard the first time, by his expression  - Saturday morning S& what??).

 However, after the baby waking up three times in the night, getting out of bed to train was not easy… actually it didn’t happen.

I know it is dangerous leaving it to the end of the day.. but that was the plan.

After going out for lunch, having a pedicure and chicken rice take away dinner... things weren’t looking good.

Then I filled in my Nutrition Diary and Google told me chicken rice is 666 calories… Nobody told me!! It’s evil, the devil's number! That's double my meal allowance! (btw, I’m not making it up, it really is 666... proof here).

So I knew I better get out there. It was 7pm and 30°C…. But I was determined to do it.

So I went outside, found a good spot and got out the yoga mat, right next to the step-up seat and away I went.

The lighting was bad (or good), It sure motivated me, you see there was a light on the ground behind me… now that does not make nice shadows on the wall…. I looked like an Oompa-Loompa….that kept the step-ups going.

About forty minutes in I was really suffering. My water bottle was running out. I was sweating so bad I was sliding off the mat during the pushups. By the end of round two I was on fire (literally my skin was crawling with heat) but strangely I was feeling good (my inner Rocky was doing air boxing in support). Then my water ran out and I had the last round to go.... twenty minutes left. I started getting a bit delusional. My counting was off… I was doing 12 reps on the 4 rounds and frequently lost count and had to start again.

But I did it!! Three rounds, one hour  and 1200 reps of torturous activities!

As I staggered back home I managed to bump into someone I know, typical…. 
In lycra and bright red face (looking more and more like an  Oompa-Loompa), he asked if I had gone for a swim in my clothes?

So what did I learn today:

1. Bring more water
2. I still hate burpees
3. Dont have a pedicure prior to training… you need those callous
4. Chicken Rice is the devil's food
5. Put the ipod in a plastic bag (there is a lot of sweat happening in Singapore)  


So week one done and dusted… 11 more to go, oh %$£@!!

Up, up and away... well, actually shower and face planted on the floor…



No comments:

Post a Comment