Saturday 22 September 2012

The dress fits!!




What a feeling!!!! It all happened in slow motion:

I step into the dress.....
I turn slightly to the left.....
I'm slowly pulling up the zipper....
…. I haven’t worn this dress in three years....
… higher…higher.... it goes…. 
the zipper is moving...
.... upwards… 
slowly reaching the crucial last section… 
It fits!! 

Happy dance!!!!

It is week 4, otherwise known as milestone week… That means weigh in, fitness test, and measurements to be re-taken.



It is also the week of 'The Ball' I have to go to at the Marina Bay Sands for a work do…. Yep that pic is the location, pretty cool hey?

So the question on everyone’s lips is ‘What to wear?’… well, until two weeks ago a hessian sack was looking like my only option… but then as the weight started shifting I got a little more optimistic.

It all started with getting dressed for work last week. I had to dress a bit fancier. so I pulled out the suit dress I bought when I went back to work 6 months ago, none of my old work clothes fitted (this was post-baby, and let's not discuss the feeling of leaving my 8 month old bubs... *sad face*). Therefore, going back to work meant I had to make a few purchases. I usually like clothes shopping, but this wasn't a fun shop… shopping because nothing you own fits you is actually depressing,  especially when looking in the mirror asking that question 'do I look fat in this???' then realising -  'derr - that's why you're out buying clothes two sizes bigger than your current wardrobe '.

Anyway… last week I put on the dress I bought 6 months ago and it was huge… I looked like an eight year old playing dress ups, my chest looked like a deflated balloon and it hung off me like a bed sheet  … my inner Rocky did an air punch, progress!! I looked ridiculous and loved it!
… so I pulled out my old work dress from pre-pregnancy… tried it on.. well lets say I could technically get it on (just) but it looked crazy too tight (I looked like a hooker) and it was riding half way up my bum (I looked like a cheap hooker), my inner Rocky hung his head in shame… more training needed… so the pre-baby dress went back and the post-baby fat-girl-dress went back on… with a padded bra and a belt…

So I’m in limbo-clothes-land… current clothes don't fit… old clothes don’t fit.. so I either look like I'm a sack-man or I'm showing every bump, lump and overhang, either way I lose. Still, I refuse to buy more clothes at this in-between stage, as ‘new-clothes’ are one of my rewards list for ‘goal achieving’.

So there I was, the potential ‘Ball’ dress fitted,
'Yah!' 
But it wasn’t quite right for the event,
'Boo'
… so I sent out a facebook plea 'Cinderella needs a dress for the ball!!!'

And am I the luckiest girl EVER... the fairy godmother responded, I got lent the most gorgeous dress!!

It looked amazing!! I did have to dig out the spanx and wear two bras for it to fit right (Literally: I. Wore. Two. Bras!!!  correction. ... Literally I. Wore. Two. padded Bras!!! You see, my fairy godmother is totally gorgeous and curved in all the right places… I on the other hand am curved in all the wrong places, but this dress was perfectly complimentary, I felt gorgeous in it and who knew a redheads could pull off pink? 

Well, I guess Molly Ringwall did.


So in the end my milestone week has gone well.. Statistics confirm:


* 4kg down
* Total of 16cms off in all the right places
* Fitness test 'take-two': I can run 1km -  1min & 55 seconds faster  (now 5 mins 38), I can do 9 more push ups (from knees) in a minute (36) and I can sit against a wall for one minute and nine seconds.

Things are looking up… up, up and away….


3 comments:

  1. I've always known redheads can pull off pink. Love the pics on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Kalea - if anyone can do it you can! Loving reading these x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superwoman,yes you are,very,very close to it.

    ReplyDelete